Daniel Alves

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Alves can succeed in the right type of system with good support. As long as his defensive duties consist of hard pressing all over the pitch and basically being the 2nd pressing man in most defensive situations, he can fulfill the role very well. Juve played with a back 3 against Monaco for both legs with support from Pjanic/Dybala/etc. in defending. Even when they play a back 4 with Alves at RB, he has Cuadrado/Pjanic/etc. in support with a perfect CB combo behind. That, plus their constant and safe organization in defense, means that Alves can actually be a positive and great defensive player without getting exposed like he was when Barca's defense crumbled after Tito got ill and then further when Tata was coach.

Alves is still a GOAT right back with the right support and can play at a very good level when his shortcomings are masked. The same will likely hold true for Messi for years, if he can be supported properly.

clemente

He is EXACTLY what we needed this season, I bet we would have pulled off a treble this season if we had him. Hope he performs like that in the final.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Besides the obvious names in midfield + Messi the most influential player in Barca's most successful era, deciding a CL semi final at the age of 34 and we let this dude go because of wage issues or something. Some money shit over success.
Dani is a beast and likeable too. I just miss the dude and count on him to help his side stop Madrid.

BarcaOG

Banned
the curve on his assist to Mandzukic was Beckhamesque...the thumping screamer he netted Roberto Carlos-like

nah, its all Dani Alves. he was easily the best player, on either side, over the two legs. Please Dani! Win the CL for juve

Vialli_92

Besides the obvious names in midfield + Messi the most influential player in Barca's most successful era, deciding a CL semi final at the age of 34 and we let this dude go because of wage issues or something. Some money shit over success.
Dani is a beast and likeable too. I just miss the dude and count on him to help his side stop Madrid.

Sometimes a club has to move on and plan for the future. I'm sure Barca had good intentions with letting him go and trying to rejuvenate the squad but every club makes mistakes with players.

I didn't think he would have this much of an impact for our team this season but he surprised me and has added a whole new dimension to our team that we never had before.

Even before he joined us I always thought he was the best RB I ever seen as his impact has been huge in that position

serghei

I didn't think he would have this much of an impact for our team this season but he surprised me and has added a whole new dimension to our team that we never had before.

Even before he joined us I always thought he was the best RB I ever seen as his impact has been huge in that position

Not sure how you thought he wouldn't make such an impact. Juventus signed the starting RB of FC Barcelona, that's pretty much guaranteed impact from the get go. He was signed for that specific purpose as well. Alves dominated every competition he had on his spot in every team he played.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Not sure how you thought he wouldn't make such an impact. Juventus signed the starting RB of FC Barcelona, that's pretty much guaranteed impact from the get go. He was signed for that specific purpose as well. Alves dominated every competition he had on his spot in every team he played.

Maicon. Alves did not beat Maicon I guess. Maicon just got older

Not sure how you thought he wouldn't make such an impact. Juventus signed the starting RB of FC Barcelona, that's pretty much guaranteed impact from the get go. He was signed for that specific purpose as well.

Ahem, they signed Daniel Alves, it's not like every barca starting fb is anywhere close to that level. Furthermore, he's playing now better than he's ever played in his final 4 years at barca save for early 2015. Of course it's a surprise that he's done this well, let alone single handedly destroyed monaco.

Vialli_92

Mainly age and playing to a completely different system than he is used to.

serghei

Mainly age and playing to a completely different system than he is used to.

Age is a non factor at Juventus. A lot of mature players well over 30 are playing great there. And about the system, it seemed like a good fit for me since the start. Solid defence which would allow him much needed support. He is a great fit tactically imo, because Juventus has a pretty well oiled team. So, he slotted right in and provides something extra, a source of creativity and extraordinary link-up play like no other RB does atm.

Ahem, they signed Daniel Alves, it's not like every barca starting fb is anywhere close to that level. Furthermore, he's playing now better than he's ever played in his final 4 years at barca save for early 2015. Of course it's a surprise that he's done this well, let alone single handedly destroyed monaco.

For me it's no surprise.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans