Daniel Alves

Vilarrubi

A bit distasteful to talk about Bellerin just an hour after Dani won La Liga

Really not at all. Alves is one of my favourite Barca players by far and respect him for everything he does for us. Simply talking about the future, possibly a bit soon but in a positive way.

zanela

Whoever replaces him will be a downgrade, that's for sure. His stamina, skills, and the way he seamlessly compliments our game season after season is hard to replicate.

Alik

Alves has made more assists (8) than any other defender across all competitions this season.

edit: Also reached 100 assists for Barça :)

Last edited:

Kohe321

That cross for Suarez's second goal was fantastic. Showed heart getting to the ball in time, and he managed to put it exactly where it needed to be down to the millimeter.

I agree and hope he stays for a while longer, but perhaps it's time to start giving the prime minutes to someone else - whoever that ends up being. :)

This guy and Lahm have bossed it for years. (And that one season by Maicon)

It still baffles me how he can keep running up and down the pitch at this age.

Batistuta9

We have to start thinking about replacing him as he struggles with fast players. If he hadn't lost his speed he would easily be the best RB in the world. No other fullback can match his quality. 100 assists is crazy. The one-two play with messi, during his prime was a joy to watch. Legend

khaled_a_d

H hope he will retire from international football after the Copa if he is gonna stay
I will take him one more year as a starter if he doesn't have to make trips to South America in the season while also being rotated with Vidal .can very well keep his form of this season without the tough patch in April

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Don't know, he's been a defensive disaster more often than not this season. Even Lucho was subbing him out every game or benching him for a while. Seems like he lacks any kind of motivation for our less important games. Won't forget that just because he brings so much to our attack. I love him, though. He's great for our dressing room and a funny character. I just don't think he's good enough to be a starter for another season without heavy rotation. Together with Iniesta, he's the one we will have to replace next.

Last edited:
J

Jamie Cal

Not good enough to be our starter yet I don't see a rightback in the world playing better than him. Weird.

Think the pool of real quality full backs is really low in world football generally.

Dani's more than good enough for us anyway given he's rotated regularly. Bellerin's playing at a good level but wouldn't be ready for us yet, best to leave him there for another year or 2. In that time we'll know whether Roberto or Vidal or good enough to step up.

Home of Barca Fans