Daniel Alves

Jombi

Roberto should start until proven that he needs to be benched IMO.

Is Alba a natural full back or just a converted winger from his Valencia days maybe??

Chainsaw

Killahead
With Rafinha's injury Roberto should go back to be the midfield option and let Dani Alves take care of the RB position.

aaron101

With Rafinha's injury Roberto should go back to be the midfield option and let Dani Alves take care of the RB position.

So who's gonna replace Rafinha as a backup winger for LW and RW? Maybe this is time for both Munir and Sando to step up. We need them both for the Copa del Rey matches this first half of the season.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Alves, who is recovering from a thigh muscle injury, will be available for the game league game against Levante tomorrow. [md]

No need to rush him back but having him ready against Celta is good.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Dani did well in his first game after injury. Was kinda surprised Lucho had him there for entire match but Dani is resilient.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Have to play this delicately because Roberto has done a great job. Dropping him as soon as alves comes back sends a bad signal

Bobito has done a good job, but Lucho obviously prefers the chemistry between Dani and Leo and I can't really blame him. If there's anyone having a 'telepathic connection' with Messi then it's Daniel Alves.

Barcafan 2304

Bobito has done a good job, but Lucho obviously prefers the chemistry between Dani and Leo and I can't really blame him. If there's anyone having a 'telepathic connection' with Messi then it's Daniel Alves.

Yeah that's true mate. Saw actually the other day a stat about the assists alves has provided so that says a lot I guess

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Dani Alves praises Sergi Roberto and hints at midfield role

Dani Alves praised the recent performances of Sergi Roberto after returning to the Barça side during Sunday's 4-1 win over Levante.

Roberto filled in admirably for Alves while he was injured, but the Brazilian full-back was restored to his position by Luis Enrique after he was given the green light to return to action.

"It's not been surprising to see the quality of Sergi Roberto," he told Barça TV after the Levante game.

"A surprise is when you don't expect something. I see him every day working.

"It's great to see his committment and his involvement helping the team, even though it's not his natural position. He has done very well."

On Lionel Messi, who scored two goals but missed a penalty, Alves joked that maybe he could improve.

"He could do better [laughs]," Alves smiled.

Speaking to Oscar Garcia on TV3, Alves also hinted he would be prepared to play in midfield if Luis Enrique required him to following the injury to Rafinha.

"I'm ready to play wherever necessary to help the team," he explained.

"A good part of my sporting career was spent in the middle of the pitch. I began playing as a central midfielder and if Luis Enrique wants, I have no problem playing there."

http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...sergi-roberto-and-hints-midfield-role-4525109

I know it's just the standard "I will do whatever the coach wants me to do" stuff, but I do think we might see him in midfield soon.

Home of Barca Fans