Daniel Alves

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Dani Alves should now enter the rotational mechanism of the team. He should no longer be one of the players who play every single game if he's available. Roberto has earned the right to receive minutes irrespective of Alves' form, health, or fitness level imho. Which is something Montoya never did.

Enrique, the rotations maniac? He didn't rotate Alves much before because there wasn't a proper replacement. Now, there is.

I hope u2 are right about this, SR deserves a game or two here and there. It's also important for us as a team to keep our backup players in shape and improving on their skills/tactics. I would also like SR on DM once or twice. But anyway, happy that Alves has made a good recovery :)

frog-fcb

I just hope alves is made to earn his spot back in the starting line up instead of roberto just being dropped cause hes back

Mido

I'd like to see Roberto as DM again, vs Levante at home. Alves will then be back at RB, and Busi gets to rest.

Excellent idea that is...

I would love to see Roberto take the n.2 spot as a DM and definitely put Mascherano as a CB. But he still got a long way to go to reach that level.

Keeping Roberto fit will be key for the season. One could suggest to take off Suarez or Neymar for Roberto, let Alves play as a right winger when we need to keep the result. But I am not sure this would work since I haven't seen Alves plays a right winger since Guardiola 2011...

Stric

Excellent idea that is...

I would love to see Roberto take the n.2 spot as a DM and definitely put Mascherano as a CB. But he still got a long way to go to reach that level.

Keeping Roberto fit will be key for the season. One could suggest to take off Suarez or Neymar for Roberto, let Alves play as a right winger when we need to keep the result. But I am not sure this would work since I haven't seen Alves plays a right winger since Guardiola 2011...

He basically plays as a wingback anyway. What you're suggesting would only mean even less defensive contribution, which I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem with.

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
Dani Alves should now enter the rotational mechanism of the team. He should no longer be one of the players who play every single game if he's available. Roberto has earned the right to receive minutes irrespective of Alves' form, health, or fitness level imho. Which is something Montoya never did.

Sergi Roberto is not a rightback, this nonsense needs to stop

Egert

Estonian Culé
Right back Dani Alves, who is recovering from a thigh muscle injury, could be available for the game against Celta next Wednesday. [cope]

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Sergi Roberto is not a rightback, this nonsense needs to stop

I hope you're joking. Not saying he will be a RB for us or any top team, but are you trying to say that a young (or older for that matter) footballer won't EVER be able to play two or more positions - maybe even be better in the position he changed to? Is that some law of physics? Get a grip!

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
I hope you're joking. Not saying he will be a RB for us or any top team, but are you trying to say that a young (or older for that matter) footballer won't EVER be able to play two or more positions - maybe even be better in the position he changed to? Is that some law of physics? Get a grip!

Sure they can versatility is a virtue every footballer should possess BUT it would be madness to play a player out of his natural position when we have someone i.e. Alves who is natural in the that position

Horatio

You're welcome
So you think we should keep Dani Alves on the bench even when he's fit again ?

No, Dani Alves should still be our main guy. But they could rotate more often.
Thinking long-term Sergio Roberto should gradually get more playing time over the next couple of seasons and attempt to play against stronger teams.

Home of Barca Fans