Daniel Alves

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Re: 20 - Daniel Alves

Interview with Dani Alves:

You know Juande Ramos very well. Were you surprised to see how Madrid played very defensively on Saturday?
The truth is that it indeed was a surprise for everyone. I know Juande and normally he plays in a more attacking way. He starts from a solid defensive organization but with the intention to attack. Now there were moments were Madrid had eleven players in their penalty area.

You were also surprised to see how hard they defended Messi?
I would like to think that they didn't intend to hurt Leo but that they just wanted to stop the quality player he is. If you just want to hurt someone, that has nothing to do with football. I was also worried because Leo could get angry with all those faults and lose his head. I was close when Gago and Sneijder made a fault and although the ball was close, tackles like those are disgusting. They were trying to intimidate him but the referee should keep an eye on that.

With Real Madrid twelve points away, do you eliminate them from the title race?
Madrid is no longer the reference although that shirt means a lot and they will always be around because they have quality players. Now we have to worry about Sevilla, Valencia and Villareal and don't let those teams come closer. But if we continue to work like we should, nothing will happen.

You think that Juande will be able to make Real Madrid react? Will his methods work in a dressingroom full of star players?
Juande knows how to motivate players and how to keep everyone happy. If their wingers will return, they will sure start using the wings a lot.

Why did you say 'no' to an offer by Real Madrid?
I came close to joining Madrid but one has to have clear what one wants. When Barça showed interest, I didn't want to hear anything about other clubs anymore. Where would I be able to enjoy football more?

You weren't afraid for the existing dynamics in the Camp Nou over the last two years?
My life has always been about challenges and Barça didn't won a trophy in two years. I'm an ambitious person and it's not to same thing to arrive at a team that has won the Liga and the Champions League than arriving at a team that is really hungry. I wasn't worried about that. You need challenges in your life. and I wanted to help bringing Barça back to the top.

Xavi said recently that this Barça could win three trophies this season. You agree with that?
I always ask for one or more. And I'm sticking with one because I'm a humble guy. And to win them all, you should start with one. The treble? Why not? We have a team that is strong enough to win all the competitions we take part in.

If you could chose, would you prefer the Liga or the Champions League?
The Liga because it's the prize for a whole season. In the Champions League things like luck have an influence. That doesn't happen in the Liga.

Guardiola said that the team only travelled to Sevilla on the day of the match to put less pressure on Keita and yourself, who returned to their former club. That was a good decision?
The truth is that you don't have to try special things in those kind of games. It was just another games and you don't need to get obsessed.

You would still have been welcome if you would have left Sevilla for Real Madrid, like Sergio Ramos and Julio Baptista?
I don't know why it is but in Sevilla they hate Madrid more. If I would have to leave, I knew that Sevilla would let me go to Barcelona.

How close were you to leaving Sevilla in the summer of 2007?
I wanted to go to Chelsea but when Antonio Puerta died, I didn't say anything more about a transfer out of respect for him. I closed the chapter because it was what God wanted. They said I went on a strike, but that's not true. I had some muscle problems and everybody knew about it. I still have a text message that proves it. In the world of football, there are a lot of lies but in the end the truth will always come out.

How do you think Keita is adapting?
He needs some more time than I, because he's playing in a different position than he was before but I'm sure he will get through it because he's incredibly talented.

Your connecton with Leo Messi on the right wing has made things easier for you?
Sometimes Leo gives us the time we need. He keeps the ball when it's needed and he gives us the chance to breathe during the games.

How did you deal with Ronaldinho the years before?
When I played with Sevilla against Barça or Real Madrid, I didn't worry too much about defending, only about attacking. If they wanted to catch me, they had to run a lot. I always say that the attack is the best defense.

You ever get tired during or after a game?
Never. I only get tired when I'm at home, playing with my children. When they sit on my back and those kind of things.

What has Guardiola brought to the team so that Barça leads the Liga in such a clear way?
It's a very intelligent person. The coach is still one of us. He thinks like a plyaer. He's half player, half coach.

Which player of the squad has the biggest winning spirit?
There are a lot but Carles Puyol is always very motivated. He fights for all of us. It's important to be able to count on players like that who get you in the game.
:cool:

maz

I walk the line

Thats a great interview quash. Did u translate it or was it from a website? Either way thanks alot

M.L. King

The Preacher

Great interview... he is in Barca only half a season and I cannot imagine how would our team look without him.

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo

Imagine we kept zamborotta and chelsea signed him last season? Yuck

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

This guy is a natural born winner. Thanx for the interview Quash.

M.L. King

The Preacher

You ever get tired during or after a game?
Never. I only get tired when I'm at home, playing with my children. When they sit on my back and those kind of things.
:cool:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Superb pass by Dani Alves for Messi`s 1st goal. We really have a deadly right flank

Evil

Shabazz

Combined with Messi all night yesterday. His crosses, Stamina, 1-2 passes, freekicks, combining with Messi makes the strongest right flank in the world. I just love this guy especially when he looses the ball, he goes beserk until to gets it back. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans