Daniel Alves

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Although reading some other reports of what Cruyff actually said, it's apparent that the quote was taken out of context

barca7788

Nepali Cule
from alves point of view its understandable he wants to earn more after all he has won with this team. i think we can cope without him as johan cruyff says.

DucdeOrléans

Cruyff said that Alves is a superb player and no one can deny that. But he added that it is Alves' sole decision and that it is unrealistic that the club would offer him the same as Xavi, Iniesta and Villa. He also said that it is better to sell him this summer than let him leave for free in 2012. I totally agree btw. And the most crucial. "We are a brilliant team with or without Alves). Wise words.

No one says it would not be a huge loss to see him leave, but I am also sure, that the team will bounce back and a successor will be chosen carefully. I am thinking (Rafael - Man U) Would be great and still only 20 years of age.

But in the end I think he will realize that he and FC Barcelona is a match in heaven and sign the contract.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
What makes you think Man U will let go of Rafael?

I hope this is the beginning of your doom.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
We know this though, any 'doom' for Barca won't come at the hands of RM, Mou or no Mou - that much is clear...Per usual, it's all up to Pep & Barca...It's their world, atm

Fourteen

Monster Masch
It seems crazy to say it, but a very real possibility is that he is bored. However more so than that, it seems that he wants to feel as valued as the rest. I think he might choose this summer to end his time at Barca.

DucdeOrléans

Because it is Barca, one of the biggest clubs, great city, weather, culture, best team in Europe at the moment etc.

Stranger thinks has happened during a transfer window.

And do Rafaels contract not expire in 2012/2013?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Rafael to Barca just isn't going to happen, IMO...He's settled at United, his brother is there and frankly isn't in the mold of Dani anyway...A top prospect, no doubt, but not a good choice to potentially replace Alves

Fourteen

Monster Masch
I feel sorry for Fabio. From what i've seen, his brother is a Right Back and only had to take over from Gary Neville :)lol:) and he is a Left Back, stuck behind Patrice Evra.

DucdeOrléans

I think he is great already, but I guess different opinions on that one...

Fabio? Seriously. He is not even playing that much and is supposedly less of a talent.

And Evra is apparently leaving. But he has also been a shadow of his former self and is quite old now (nearly 30 years) and lost a lot of peace IMO.

But who else is there? Lahm is not good enough IMO and too expensive. van der Wiel?

Home of Barca Fans