Pavel Nedved

A

andreazito

31 5 2009 Pavel Nedved (pallone d'oro 2003), lascia il calcio
[YOUTUBE]m9XFbIHVWP4[/YOUTUBE]

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nedved was a very good player in his time. You have Giovinco and having watched Diego a lot in Bundesliga I`m sure he`ll be a success for Juve.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Nedved was a great player in his time. You have Giovinco and having watched Diego a lot in Bundesliga I`m sure he`ll be a big success for Juve.

That's right, it's a shame there is so much going on "behind the scenes" in Italian football (especially in Juve). I think that they have bought great players and I'm sure more good players will be joining this summer. I think Juve will win the league next season, espacially if Ibra leaves Inter.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Very good player. Like Maldini and Larsson a great professional and someone I admire.

V

Valon

I'm glad the rumors that he'd give it 1 more year weren't true. He was great and I always admired him and although he's had a good season his stamina left him and he got tired in games very quick so he had to be subbed a lot. He's a legend of a player though. Plus Juve has De Ceglie(sp?) to replace him and from what I've seen he's pretty good.

Andrew M

I'm glad he's retired. I'm sick of all these old fogies hanging around, particularly in italy. Hopefully Del Piero is next, now that Figo, Maldini and Nedved are gone.

Andrew M

Essentially because I'm sick of hearing their names without their performances pleasing my eyes. It seems that just because of tenure and past glories they retain their place, inhibiting opportunities for youth. In Italy particularly, there seems to be an inherent lack of trust in young players.

I'm not endorsing the attitude of Wenger, where if you're over 30 you won't get more than a year's contract extension, I just hate players continuing careers because of the name on the back of their shirts.

I suppose Del Piero has performed quite well recently (consult Madrid fans), but if Xavi is still hanging around the squad when he's 35 and not cutting the mustard, I won't be pleased.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Well you do make a good point but their experience, knowledge and ability should still be enough to keep playing.

Andrew M

Maybe a more peripheral role is okay, but in Italy, if Maldini wanted to play until 60, the Milan management would let him. Maldini has been mediocre for years now as far as i'm concerned, but as his name is Paolo Maldini, AC Milan stalwart and leader of men since 1985 or whenever, his legacy is teemed in glory regardless of his performances.

I don't buy into all this shit about how a player is so strong, determined and godly just because they play on and on and on. I feel that the real men are the ones who realize they are now too old and hang up their boots, not draw it out for years so that when the retirement does arrive, the subject is already exhausted and completely boring.

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
Maybe a more peripheral role is okay, but in Italy, if Maldini wanted to play until 60, the Milan management would let him. Maldini has been mediocre for years now as far as i'm concerned, but as his name is Paolo Maldini, AC Milan stalwart and leader of men since 1985 or whenever, his legacy is teemed in glory regardless of his performances.

I don't buy into all this shit about how a player is so strong, determined and godly just because they play on and on and on. I feel that the real men are the ones who realize they are now too old and hang up their boots, not draw it out for years so that when the retirement does arrive, the subject is already exhausted and completely boring.

Maldini may have not been at his incredible best in the past few years but he was still one of the most solid defenders in Italy and could still claim to be the best defender in the current Milan squad at nearly 41 years old. The man's a Legend and i wouldn't mind if he stayed playing for another 2 years! Would love for him to go for 1k appearances for Milan :D

However he is the type of player that would ALWAYS put the club first, he thinks he can't cut it anymore and that's why he's retiring. If he still thought he had gas in the engine he would still be going.

Andrew M

Maldini may have not been at his incredible best in the past few years but he was still one of the most solid defenders in Italy and could still claim to be the best defender in the current Milan squad at nearly 41 years old. The man's a Legend and i wouldn't mind if he stayed playing for another 2 years! Would love for him to go for 1k appearances for Milan :D

However he is the type of player that would ALWAYS put the club first, he thinks he can't cut it anymore and that's why he's retiring. If he still thought he had gas in the engine he would still be going.

I think Nesta is better when fit.

Home of Barca Fans