Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
La Liga Round 6
Saturday, September 23, 20.45 CET

2767701.png
-
20462440.png

This Saturday Barca stays in Barcelona for an away match against ManCi..., I mean Girona.

Let's make it 6 out of 6!

mesiesta

I think Valverde will play his first 11, which looks like this at this moment (but I still hope that Dennis will play instead of Deu and Paulinho instead of Rakitic)

------------Ter Stegen--------------
----------Pique-------Umtiti--------
--Semedo--------------------Alba--
------------Busquets----------------
---------Rakitic-------Iniesta-------
--Deulofeu----------------Suarez--
--------------Messi------------------

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I'd rest Busi maybe and play Rakitic there. Or Roberto. Also, Aleix could start as RW.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Hope that Roberto and Denis will play. Much more likely that Rakitic and Suarez will play instead though. I also hope Valverde does not put Roberto at RB again just to give him the minutes, Semedo must play all the games.

Last edited:

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Another Catalan derby. Hope we make it 6 out of 6 and I want to see Semedo continue as RB and Roberto put in midfield. I hope Luis stays bench and why not bench Pique while we're at it has he has been dismal.

jairzinho

Sporting Club in Portugal on Wednesday so we should continue with the rotations. Who would've thought we would be perfect at this stage and seven clear of Madrid. :messi:

FCBfan22

I would go with:

-----------------MATS---------------
-Semedo-Mascherano-Umtiti-Alba-
---------------Rakitić----------------
-------Paulinho------Roberto-------
---------------Messi-----------------
--Vidal--------------------Denis----

Subs:
Denis -> Luis
Vidal -> Deulofeu
Paulinho -> A. Gomes (if we are winning)

PhilS

No way Luis Suarez rides the bench two games in a row.

-----------------MATS---------------
-Semedo-Mascherano-Umtiti-Alba-
---------------Rakitić----------------
-------Paulinho------Roberto-------
---------------Messi-----------------
--L. Suarez--------------------Denis----

Then, idealy, after Barca gets a good lead, bring in Deulofeu for Messi. Or, start Deuofeu instead of Messi, then bring on Messi when Valverde loses his nerve, after 30 or 45 or 60 minutes. Messi must average over a goal a game when he comes in as a sub, after his anger about being on the bench boils up.

Valverde deserves a lot of credit for developing just enough high-performing subs/alternates so far.

Masch looked a bit rusty last game, playing two in a row may get rid of that. He should play at least every third game. Semedo and Alba need to play a lot of minutes this year, mainly because their alternatives are adequate at best. Verm avail if there are injuries or suspensions.

The midfield rotation is doing great, Busquets Rak Iniesta Paulinho S. Roberto playing almost every game, D. Suarez also in the mix, Gomes and Arda out. It will be interesting to see if Rak is the answer to back up Busquets, he's looking really good so far at that spot.

Up front, L. Suarez will rebound/adjust to his new position quickly. D. Suarez must play a lot on the wings, Deulofeu still needs to show he deserves continuing big minutes. Vidal will get more chances after last game. Paco and Arda out.

Alik

Iniesta has played every single damn match. I think he is next on the list to be rested.
Hopefully Piqué is benched too.

And Busi can be subbed out if we have a good lead.

Predicted lineup:

[formation=barca,6]
MATS
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-Mascherano-0-Umtiti-0-0
Semedo-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-Rakitic-0-0-0-Roberto-0
0-0-0-Messi-0-0-0
0-Deulofeu-0-0-0-Luis-0
[/formation]

Not sure about Roberto on the left. Either him or Denis.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Iniesta has played every single damn match. I think he is next on the list to be rested.
Hopefully Piqué is benched too.

And Busi can be subbed out if we have a good lead.

[formation=barca,6]
MATS
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-Mascherano-0-Umtiti-0-0
Semedo-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-Roberto-0-0-0-Denis-0
0-0-0-Messi-0-0-0
0-Deulofeu-0-0-0-Luis-0
[/formation]

I like it. Maybe Aleix instead of Deu.

Home of Barca Fans