Rakitic: "We are like family"

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Rakitic, Bartra and Alba reactions after 1-3 win in Granada.
t0mavo.jpg

Ivan Rakitic

“It is important to keep getting points.”
“It was a very difficult match and Granada created a lot of problems for us. But we did a good job and I think we deserved the win."
"The pitch wasn’t easy to play on but we managed to make our identity show and worked hard from start to finish. "
"We have to keep improving but we’re on the right track”.
“When you score and make an assist you feel better, but I have always felt good here.”
“He (ter Stegen) is always telling me that I’m going to score. We are like a family here, we all get on with each other and there’s a great team atmosphere”.

[h=2]Marc Bartra[/h]
“I’m looking forward to seeing a replay of the penalty incident. The team regrouped after their goal. The important thing is to keep improving”.
“It is hard to come and play at grounds like this. But the important thing was to get the three points and keep our championship hopes alive”.
“We are all excited about the game with Villarreal. We know that if we play well and have a good game then we’ll be in the final and fighting for another title”.
[h=2]Jordi Alba[/h]
“I’m very happy to have made it to 100 games. I’ve been here all my life. Barça is my club and it’s a privilege to have these team-mates and coaches around me”.
“The game with Villarreal will be very difficult. We got a good result in the first leg but I am sure the return will be a tricky game. We’ll try to play well and qualify for another final”.

dakt

“He (ter Stegen) is always telling me that I’m going to score. We are like a family here, we all get on with each other and there’s a great team atmosphere”.

This is very important aspect of Barca. I personally would never bring in the player who would break that with his ego, no matter how good he is.

BBZ8800

This is very important aspect of Barca. I personally would never bring in the player who would break that with his ego, no matter how good he is.

That is a nice idea, but it can never work 100%.
Messi and Neymar have a very special treatment, for example.
They can't be benched and you don't want to make them unhappy.

Again, in general I agree with you, but for some special or key players, you usually have to "work" with them slightly differently, till one reasonable level/point.

dakt

That is a nice idea, but it can never work 100%.
Messi and Neymar have a very special treatment, for example.
They can't be benched and you don't want to make them unhappy.

Again, in general I agree with you, but for some special or key players, you usually have to "work" with them slightly differently, till one reasonable level/point.

Messi has huge history here and he wasn't that big in the beginning. For his talent and value, Messi is very, very humble guy. Also when I said ego, I meant ego and cockiness on and off the pitch, and Leo is just not that kind of guy.
On the other hand, Naymar has yet to justify his ego.

Home of Barca Fans