FIFA Ballon d'Or 2012 winner?

Who should win the 2012 FIFA Ballon d'Or award?

• Andrea Pirlo

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Karim Benzema

• Xavi Hernandez

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Sergio Busquets

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • Iker Casillas

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cristiano Ronaldo

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Didier Drogba

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Radamel Falcao

• Zlatan Ibrahimovic

• Andres Iniesta

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • Leo Messi

Votes: 98 70.0%
  • Mesut Ozil

• Wayne Rooney

• Robin van Persie

• Total voters

adil_909

About time someone made this thread. We can make another one when we narrow it down to the final 3. I'm only allowed to post 15 options for the poll, so I have excluded players I think have a pretty low chance of picking up votes. Let the discussion commence! Also I'm interested to see if the top 3 players voted for here are the same top 3 that end up getting nominated for the finals.

2gt5f6f.jpg

adil_909

man reducing the list from 23 to 15 is tough! i apologize if i have left out a player that someone wanted to vote for. let the voting begin!

adil_909

i put my name in the hat for casillas. he captained both spain and madrid to titles, and is the best keeper in the world and has been one of the best for quite some time. i love leo, but i can't in good faith vote for him for this year's title. what spain achieved is just historic and he played a big role in that. plus he's an awesome player and a great human being. i know keepers rarely win awards like this, but i think "san iker" would be a worthy winner in 2012.

raskolnikov

This is my top 10 of 2012:

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. Iniesta
4. Pirlo
5. van Persie
6. Xavi
7. Casillas
8. Zlatan
9. Falcao
10. Toure

Obviously leo should be #1, best individual in the history of the sport.... best ever individual effort in 130+ years... , beside that its just the beatifull skill and saving barca game after game last year, it would be a disgrace if he didnt won.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Leo... For the outstanding year he has had! Individually he's been miles ahead of every one else!!

Also it would be incredible for him to win 4 in a row :D

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Trying to keep it unbiased:

1. Messi
2. Cristiano Ronaldo
3. Pirlo
4. Andres Iniesta
5. Falcao
6. Xavi
7. Sergio Ramos
8. Van Persie
9. Yaya Toure (where is he on the poll?)
10. Iker Casillas
11. Sergio Busquets
12. Zlatan Ibrahimovic
13. Wayne Rooney
14. Didier Drogba
15. Mesut Özil (Di Maria was better, but he was injured for several months..)

There should probably be some players from the bundesliga too, such as Ribery and some of the Dortmund players and possibly Gomez, but since I don't know if they're on the list of 23 I haven't included them

abual3bed1

ofcourse Leo is the one who deserves it the most, but Fifa just should make up a prize other than the Ballon d'or for players other than Leo. In that case Sergio Busquets comes on top of that list.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
i put my name in the hat for casillas. he captained both spain and madrid to titles, and is the best keeper in the world and has been one of the best for quite some time. i love leo, but i can't in good faith vote for him for this year's title. what spain achieved is just historic and he played a big role in that. plus he's an awesome player and a great human being. i know keepers rarely win awards like this, but i think "san iker" would be a worthy winner in 2012.

Shouldn't Buffon be more worthy of the award though? He had a superb season with Juve and arguably performed better at the Euros too

abual3bed1

Trying to keep it unbiased:

1. Messi
2. Cristiano Ronaldo
3. Pirlo
4. Andres Iniesta
5. Falcao
6. Xavi
7. Sergio Ramos
8. Van Persie
9. Yaya Toure (where is he on the poll?)
10. Iker Casillas
11. Sergio Busquets
12. Zlatan Ibrahimovic
13. Wayne Rooney
14. Didier Drogba
15. Mesut Özil (Di Maria was better, but he was injured for several months..)

There should probably be some players from the bundesliga too, such as Ribery and some of the Dortmund players and possibly Gomez, but since I don't know if they're on the list of 23 I haven't included them

your list is kinda good, but tbh Drogba deserves to be in top 5. and how come people are putting lists without David Silva and Aguero??!! Rooney was nowhere near Aguero last season.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
your list is kinda good, but tbh Drogba deserves to be in top 5. and how come people are putting lists without David Silva and Aguero??!! Rooney was nowhere near Aguero last season.

I considered putting Drogba in the top 10 as he did win the CL, but he didn't do anything in the league last season (only 5 goals) and the way I see it there were better players than him in the Champions League too.

Another player I have doubts about is Falcao, because he might have been good last season, and he did brilliantly in the Europa League, but he didn't perform as well as he has so far this season. He should probably be further down the list when I think about it...

Edit: And I'm not sure whether or not Silva and Agüero are on the list

abual3bed1

I considered putting Drogba in the top 10 as he did win the CL, but he didn't do anything in the league last season (only 5 goals) and the way I see it there were better players than him in the Champions League too.

Another player I have doubts about is Falcao, because he might have been good last season, and he did brilliantly in the Europa League, but he didn't perform as well as he has so far this season. He should probably be further down the list when I think about it...

Edit: And I'm not sure whether or not Silva and Agüero are on the list

yeah Drogba wasn't that good in EPL last season, but he won CL almost by himself, just like Kaka did in 06/07 with Milan and he was awarded both Ballon d'or and fifa player of the year 2007.

Home of Barca Fans