Flavia

AFC_Ajax.v1317634721.png
-

Date: Wednesday, 11/05/2014 20:45
Stadium: Amsterdam Arena
City: Amsterdam
Capacity: 51.628
Competition: Champions League, Round 4

Tough match, and at a bad time. I'm not confident about this game. Last season we played there, and lost. And a win is a must.
Mathieu is out, injured. Some rumors Alba might not be available as well.
Lucho has to prove he is learning from his mistakes. So far he isn't, still insisting with the "midfielders as fb babysitters" setup.

hamoon32

Ter Stegen
Montoya-Pique-Bartra-Adriano
Masch
Xavi-----Rakitic
Messi
Suarez---Neymar

Alba and Mathieu are injured

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I doubt Ajax are gonna give us that much space this time. This is a very important game for both of us and Lucho need to change something now. He can't bank on letting the front 3 win it for us in every game with the way he has set up the team thus far this season.

Antimadridista1

Mats
Dani - Bartra - Jefecito - Adriano
Rakitic - Busquets - Rafinha
---------- Messi ------------
---- Luisito - Neymar ----

gatsu

Another defeat, and this will become very serious, what i want to see is some drastic changes, something coherent, enough with this non existent midfield and all the construction based on our FBs.

The 3-5-2 proposed by Flavia in Lucho's topic is good and worth a try.

What we will sadly see:
ter Stegen
Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Alba
Busquets
Rakitic, Xavi
Suarez, Messi, Neymar

Although against a weak opposition like Ajax, Xavi could be more than sufficient to give us consistency in the midfield.

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
We will lose this game. I have no hope in Lucho. It is still early in the season but let's be realistic, losing to Celta at home and losing all the big games isn't very fun to watch. He isn't a top class team coach, he is a mid table team coach.

CatalinR10

YT00O.gif

Innnn on Ajax game thread.

Will losing this game make Barca be in crysis and sack Lucho in the near future and sell a couple of players ? Because if that's the case , I secretly hope we lose.

L

linetty

Ajax, Almeria, Sevilla, APOEL and Valencia left this year.

I personally have a feeling we will win only the Almeria game and I'm not even 100% sure of that as it's away from home.

Alik

------------MaTs------------
Montoya-Bartra-Pique-Alba
----------Masche------------
----Rakitic------Xavi--------
------------Messi------------
-----Suarez----Neymar-----

gatsu

I don't think losing this match will get Lucho sacked. I'm not very optimistic about this match.

Losing this game will endanger the qualification for the next round, Apoel will be difficult away and PSG will wreck us again.

We will lose this game. I have no hope in Lucho. It is still early in the season but let's be realistic, losing to Celta at home and losing all the big games isn't very fun to watch. He isn't a top class team coach, he is a mid table team coach.

One thing is loosing some matches, that isnt sufficient at all to sack a manager in my opinion. Much more importantly: If we rather look at his decisions in sum instead of the results, where does it bring us? Substititions, pressure play, line ups, cohesion, tactics and so on. Has enrique succeeded, at least showed some promising things? Not at all. Thats why we we should sack him, because of totality of mistakes and the complete abscense of promise. Also remember that some of the mistakes is mind blowing really, crosses? After tata? Alves. The best players are going to play? Pedro, pique, Alves ...really, and there are so much more.

Home of Barca Fans