Status
Not open for further replies.

Ursegor

World Champion
Out:

Valdes - € 12m
Mascherano - € 26m
Pique - € 36 million :VdB:
Adriano - € 15m (not reliable with his injuries)
Alves - € 26m
dos Santos - € 3.5m
Fabregas - € 40m :VdB:
Villa - € 12m
Pedro - € 15m
Bartra - € 5m
-------------------------
= € 190.5m

Budget without sales: € 50m

Total budget: € 240.5m

In:

Handanovic - € 17m
Thiago Silva - € 40m
Hummels - € 24m
Marquinhos - € 20m
Carlos Martinez - € 3m (playing for Real Sociedad, one of the best fullbacks in La Liga this season, 189 cm tall, can play RB and LB => Adriano's replacement)
Falcao - € 60m
Neymar - € 40m
Sergi Roberto - € 0 (promoted)
Rafinha - € 0 (promoted)
Deulofeu - € 0 (promoted)
------------------------
= € 204m

Money left: € 36.5m

Squad for 13/14:

Goalkeepers: Handanovic, Pinto
Defenders: Montoya, Alba, Carlos Martinez (backup for RB and LB), Abidal (backup for CB and LB), Thiago Silva, Hummels, Puyol (3th choice CB), Marquinhos (promising prospect who will get 20 - 30 games next season until he's ready to take over from Silva within the next 2 or 3 seasons).
DMs: Busquets, Song
CMs: Thiago, Xavi, Iniesta, Sergi Roberto, Rafinha
Forwards: Messi, Falcao, Alexis, Neymar, Deulofeu, Tello

Starting XI:

I don't have a fixed starting XI or formation. With such a squad I'd use it very flexibly. It depends on the opponent. For example:

Against parked busses:

abEL3cgafw.jpg

A more balanced XI against stronger teams:

abEL2Qzacj.jpg

In this XI Iniesta would play his role which he plays for Spain, changing between midfield and LW with Alba bombing forward and providing width. Proper defensive balance will be ensured by Montoya staying back (unlike Alves) and the rock-stable Silva-Hummels partnership.

Against La Liga minnows, in the Copa del Rey or in other unimportant games, give time to youngstars, for example like this:

abEL3nIapt.jpg

Other possible lineups (can't post more than 5 pictures):

Neymar Falcao Messi
Iniesta Xavi
Busquets
Alba T.Silva Hummels Montoya
Handanovic

As you can see it's mostly our tried and tested 4-3-3 with a mix of 4-2-3-1. According to the opponent even Messi will be shifted out wide. The frontline will be completely unpredictable. The defense will be rock-solid. The midfield will consist only of La Masia graduates who know how to play like proper Barca midfielders. Which of course automatically excludes Cesc.

I've easily improved the squad, stayed realistic with the formations and at the same time made a profit of € 36.5 million (which could get me one or two winter signings if necessary). I should win this contest. : tito :

spring

ready to chalenge your team!
395.gif
just kidding, great attack line! but very dangerous defense line, i think we will see at least 10 goals per match, every side, 1 manita!:)

p.s: wow, iniesta and xavi aren't in the first formation!

I've easily improved the squad, stayed realistic with the formations and at the same time made a profit of € 36.5 million (which could get me one or two winter signings if necessary). I should win this contest. : tito :
396.gif
abcdefg%20%2828%29.gif

Last edited:

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Out:

Valdes - € 12m
Mascherano - € 26m
Pique - € 36 million :VdB:
Adriano - € 15m (not reliable with his injuries)
Alves - € 26m
dos Santos - € 3.5m
Fabregas - € 40m
Villa - € 12m
Pedro - € 15m
Bartra - € 5m
-------------------------
= € 190.5m

Budget without sales: € 50m

Total budget: € 240.5m

In:

Handanovic - € 17m
Thiago Silva - € 40m
Hummels - € 24m
Marquinhos - € 20m
Carlos Martinez - € 3m (playing for Real Sociedad, one of the best fullbacks in La Liga this season, 189 cm tall, can play RB and LB => Adriano's replacement)
Falcao - € 60m
Neymar - € 40m
Sergi Roberto - € 0 (promoted)
Rafinha - € 0 (promoted)
Deulofeu - € 0 (promoted)
------------------------
= € 204m

Money left: € 36.5m

Squad for 13/14:

Goalkeepers: Handanovic, Pinto
Defenders: Montoya, Alba, Carlos Martinez (backup for RB and LB), Abidal (backup for CB and LB), Thiago Silva, Hummels, Puyol (3th choice CB), Marquinhos (promising prospect who will get 20 - 30 games next season until he's ready to take over from Silva within the next 2 or 3 seasons).
DMs: Busquets, Song
CMs: Thiago, Xavi, Iniesta, Sergi Roberto, Rafinha
Forwards: Messi, Falcao, Alexis, Neymar, Deulofeu, Tello

Starting XI:

I don't have a fixed starting XI or formation. With such a squad I'd use it very flexibly. It depends on the opponent. For example:

Against parked busses:

abEL3cgafw.jpg

A more balanced XI against stronger teams:

abEL2Qzacj.jpg

In this XI Iniesta would play his role which he plays for Spain, changing between midfield and LW with Alba bombing forward and providing width. Proper defensive balance will be ensured by Montoya staying back (unlike Alves) and the rock-stable Silva-Hummels partnership.

Against La Liga minnows, in the Copa del Rey or in other unimportant games, give time to youngstars, for example like this:

abEL3nIapt.jpg

Other possible lineups (can't post more than 5 pictures):

Neymar Falcao Messi
Iniesta Xavi
Busquets
Alba T.Silva Hummels Montoya
Handanovic

As you can see it's mostly our tried and tested 4-3-3 with a mix of 4-2-3-1. According to the opponent even Messi will be shifted out wide. The frontline will be completely unpredictable. The defense will be rock-solid. The midfield will consist only of La Masia graduates who know how to play like proper Barca midfielders. Which of course automatically excludes Cesc.

:VdB:

ShandyFFM

If as it would be that easy... sadly you forgot the wages of those new players who are quite higher than the old ones...

Ursegor

World Champion
Let's get the facts straight. 4-2-3-1 doesn't need 2 De Jongs in central midfield. It's 1 out and out DM and 1 playmaker with defensive capabilities. And Thiago has got more defensive capabilities than either Xavi or Iniesta.

Real Madrid: Alonso + Khedira. None of them are out and out defensive midfielders. Alonso is a regista, a deep-lying playmaker. He is the most dribbled player in La Liga over the last 3 seasons who hacks down people all the time because he is actually NOT a pure DM. Khedira is a box-to-box midfielder who makes runs into the box. Not a DM.

Bayern: Schweini + Martinez. Martinez is the Busquets type. Schweinsteiger used to be a winger up until 2009 or so until van Gaal converted him into a central (attacking) midfielder. He's never been a DM. He's just putting in a shift now that he's playing deeper.

Dortmund: Bender (the Busquets type) + Gündogan. Gündogan is obviously not a DM. You're trippin' if you think he is any more of a defender than Thiago.

Manchester United: Carrick + Giggs / Scholes / Cleverley / someone else who is not a DM.

And this is how Spain won the Euros in 2008.

280px-RUS-ESP_2008-06-26.svg.png

"OMG, Xavi DM and Iniesta on the wing, hurrdurr."

I demand a bit more seriousness in my magnificent thread. :coffee:

Beast

The Observer
You want to get 26 Million Euro for Mascherano and Alves !! each !! and 40 Million for Cesc ...

good luck with that

Ursegor

World Champion
You want to get 26 Million Euro for Mascherano and Alves !! each !! and 40 Million for Cesc ...

good luck with that

I haven't made the rules. We're supposed to use the numbers from Transfermarkt. See the sticky thread in this section. Hence the :VdB: smiley after Fabregas by the way.

Pepe Silvia

For an up and coming fast attacking side, any smart club would be willing to pay that for Alves. Not rocket science on that one bro.

Cesc in a season or two will be worth more than 40. It's going to take serious patience with this project to be done right. Cules must remain patient with this one.

Masch is over-valued perhaps.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Dem tranfermarkt prices don't lie...

Ursegor, I don't know if our defense will have enough chemistry, you're revamping the entire team, what if they don't adjust? We'll be kind of screwed...

Beast

The Observer
I haven't made the rules. We're supposed to use the numbers from Transfermarkt. See the sticky thread in this section. Hence the :VdB: smiley after Fabregas by the way.
:D thanks for the clarification .. i guess they didn't change some of the players value since you bought them

I love the :VdB: smiley awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans