RODRIGO TARIN

rodrigo-tarin-marco-gol-espana-1358963097654.jpg

Name: Rodrigo TARIN Higon
Born: 5 July 1996
Position: Central defender
Height: 1,84
Foot: Right

----------​

He is going to be playing for Juvenil A this season. I've heard great things about him but I haven't yet seen him play. Many call him one of the best CB prospects in the academy if not the best. It's early years for him, but his progress is worth tracking.

Here's the passage from a translated Mundo Deportivo article describing him:

Rodrigo Tarín Higon, born in 1996 in Chiva (Valencia), is the starting centre back of FC Barcelona Juvenil B and the captain of the Spain U-17 national team. The defender started his career at Valencia CF before moving to Barça at the start of this season.

Despite this being his first full season in Barça, Tarín became a leader in the locker room of the league winning Juvenil B team. His leadership qualities also made him the captain of the Spain U-17 national team. Juvenil B won the league earlier this week after beating Hospitalet 1-4. The team also won the Spartak Cup in Moscow earlier this year.

Tarín is right footed, but he usually features in the left side of the central back pairing. He is known for his marking abilities, aggressiveness, anticipation and aerial ability. These skills make him one of the most talented defenders in the youth system. Because of his height (1.84 cm/6 ft. 0.5), he is effective in both clearing corners defensively as well as going forward during corner kicks and set pieces.

Representatives of the youth departments at the club say that the 16-year old is a good guy and very disciplined. He is said to be an admirer of Spain central back pairing Sergio Ramos and Gerard Piqué. His performances at the Juvenil B have earned him a promotion to the Juvenil A next season, meaning you will also be able to see him play in the NextGen Series.

Mesu

I had always been hearing good things about him but yesterday was the first time I got to see him play, in the UEFA youth league's game vs Arsenal. He is indeed a very good defender. I think Barca should only buy 1 CB and push him towards the first team as early as possible.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
One of the most impressive defenders from La Masia. The next 2-3 seasons are gonna be very important for him with regards of his 1st team ambitions. Lets hope his development keep going in the right direction as it is.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
One of the most impressive defenders from La Masia. The next 2-3 seasons are gonna be very important for him with regards of his 1st team ambitions. Lets hope his development keep going in the right direction as it is.

He and his defensive partner Quintilla are the future of our defense. Let's hope they fulfill their potential.

Zangash

Banned
Have a little faith.

I try not to put any support behind players pre-Barca B. Adama and Munir obviously forced me to go back on that but that's generally my view of the matter. If they were deemed good enough they'd be with Barca B or potentially with Lucho right now. I personally think they're good but if management doesn't see it there's nothing we can do about it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's a figure of speech. KingMessi is well aware of all that hence he refers to their potential and his hope of them fulfilling their potential. If they fulfill their potential then they could well be the future of our defence along with others, let's see how they keep developing.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
If they were the future they'd have been promoted instead of Barca B buying a new CB...

They're only 17 (18 this year). Still a year, at least, away from being promoted to Barca B. And probably another 2-3 years from being promoted to the senior squad. And then they have to establish their place in the squad.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
It's a figure of speech. KingMessi is well aware of all that hence he refers to their potential and his hope of them fulfilling their potential. If they fulfill their potential then they could well be the future of our defence along with others, let's see how they keep developing.

Thanks for the support. :beer2:

Zangash

Banned
They're only 17 (18 this year). Still a year, at least, away from being promoted to Barca B. And probably another 2-3 years from being promoted to the senior squad. And then they have to establish their place in the squad.

Bagnack and Deulofeu both skipped the Juvenil A level entirely and Munir and Adama were so thoroughly impressive with Juvenil A that they became some of the B team's best players despite not even being promoted yet. That's real potential. Seeing these two do well at the Juvenil level is great and all but even I can dominate defensively players of a similar skill level in my country. If they want to get some real looks they're going to have to seriously step up and get looks in the B team, because with Bartra, IE, Bagnack, and quite possibly Marquinhos looking set to be the real future of our back line their chances look set to be blocked pre-conception unless one of them turns into Sergio Ramos overnight and shows the other one how to foul. Not to mention there's a certain Adria Villanova set to be promoted to Juvenil A next season who kind of has the sympathy card going for him.

As I said, I like the both of them and would love to see them make it, but it's just hard for me to see it happening and I won't pretend the future looks bright for either of them unless they show me something far, far more impressive than the high level they've already shown.

Home of Barca Fans