Ernesto Valverde - V1

R

reaper

Seems clear favourite.

Was excellent in his two stints at Olympiacos and last stint at Bilbao. No room for Arda/Gomes types in his teams. Hard work and passing accuracy is his mantra.

Icarium

Lifestealer
If he comes here will we go with 4-2-3-1 formation? That is more suited to teams like Athletic who rely on heavy pressing game. Our style generally is a possession first, not a direct style which will be needed for 4-2-3-1, also that formation best goes with a target man and a plenty of crosses like Adruiz at Athletic. That kind of thing is not possible at Barca, with MSN at top. I am really interested to see what formation he will use. But if he does end up using 4-2-3-1 we need to sign a winger.

R

reaper

If he comes here will we go with 4-2-3-1 formation? That is more suited to teams like Athletic who rely on heavy pressing game. Our style generally is a possession first, not a direct style which will be needed for 4-2-3-1, also that formation best goes with a target man and a plenty of crosses like Adruiz at Athletic. That kind of thing is not possible at Barca, with MSN at top. I am really interested to see what formation he will use. But if he does end up using 4-2-3-1 we need to sign a winger.

I don't believe he will stray too far from 4-3-3.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

It comes down to 2 options. One is to keep Busquets as our key man in midfield in his comfortable position and other is to play Messi where he's most comfortable.

serghei

I like him. But he has to prove himself in 12 months. Not more. I hope he knows what are the rigors of managing a team like Barca.

Icarium

Lifestealer
It comes down to 2 options. One is to keep Busquets as our key man in midfield in his comfortable position and other is to play Messi where he's most comfortable.

Yep, let's see where he goes. Maybe he reinvents himself and the players to find a system that suits everyone. Unlikely but one can hope.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

the ideal football system for Barca would be (for me at least) the Dutch total football style. Our most dominant years have been based on players executing the high pressure possession style to the fullest, controlling the ball and the space on the pitch, suffocating opponents and forcing mistakes due to pressure.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Limited pool of players in Athletic, but obviously been good with their young players.

Hopefully he'll do the same here if he becomes our coach.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Please be the savior. If next season is as heartbreaking as these past 2 have been, then I think I'll quit on football for a couple of years at least. Valverde is the one to change that and hopefully raise us from the shitshow that Lucho has created. I might end up quitting anyway, depending on how the CL final goes.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Is reaper as starting poster in Valverde thread a bad omen?

R_Isocp5.jpg

Richard.H

He has massive pressure taking on this squad, MASSIVE. I just hope the fans are supportive and he doesn't crack.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I just hope the board and Robert supports him by offloading the players that aren't good enough anymore, and replace them with proper impact players to support the guy.

That starts with a big squad renovation this summer. Perfect time with a new coach coming in, but I have my doubts about them doing that. They might just sell 3 players and sign a midfielder, RB and Vitolo for all we know :lol:

Vilarrubi

If you think he couldn't even use Spanish players, only Basque it's quite remarkable what he did with Bilbao. They play attractive football, they press well and he had a good home record.

Home of Barca Fans