Luis Garcia

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Has retired today. :(

http://luisgarciaofficial.com/bienvenidos-a-mi-nueva-¨pagina¨/

"And it is the moment ,not easy for anyone and inevitable for all us.

There have been many years enjoying what fascinates me , great times spent and the opportunity to see fulfilled the dream I had when I was just a kid .

Today I´ve decided to retire as a professional footballer, thanking the interest of the teams that talked to me in recent weeks, but I think it’s time to end this important chapter in my life and move to the next page.

Thank you, thank you very much to my parents for all those afternoons of heat and cold they spent just to see me happy when I was little. For those Munich boots you bought, working so hard, to let me continue kicking the ball. For all those summers with no vacation. For teaching me to sacrifice myself for what I loved most .

To all my family for always accompany me on this adventure with words of encouragement and support.

To Manolo, my friend and agent , for keeping my feet on the ground and believe in me from the beginning.

To all my teammates, for many concentrations , anecdotes and experiences shared .

To Rafa Benitez and Pako Ayestarán, for teaching me to show my best .

To Luis Aragones, for allowing me to live the dream of every football player, represent his country in a World Cup .

To all my coaches since academy, for guiding me and believe in my football .

To Badalona and S.Gabriel for making me as person , to FC. Barcelona for opening me the door , to Valladolid , Tenerife and Toledo for letting establish myself on first division, to Atletico Madrid for making me enjoy a Calderón Stadium on fire, to R.Santander and Panathinaikos for goods experiences , to Puebla and Pumas for the opportunity to live in a country of warm people and a passionate football, and to Liverpool FC for making me pass to the history of international football and be part fo the Red family, forever.

To each and every one of the people over 17 years of career that have been with me , have helped me and supported me at every stage I have lived and although not mentioned one by one, I will be forever grateful .

And last but not least, the fans, to all who have followed me over the years , always with good intentions , always encouraging and motivating me every game to be a better player every day.

Thank you all for being part of the history of my career and welcome to the next page."

Classy player and a classy man.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans