Tiemoue Bakayoko

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Date of birth 17 August 1994 (age 22)
Place of birth Paris, France
Height 1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)
Playing position Defensive midfielder
----------------------
He's in London to complete his medical and wrap up the £39m move to Chelsea. Tbh I haven't seen a tonne of him so I can't say a lot from personal viewing but sounds like a beast. But maybe our Bakayoko-Kante will lack a little too much guile and be a little too beastly. We'll see how it goes.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
A destructive Khedira.

Not a bad thing at all. Think he'll do great for Chelsea alongside Kante.

Yannik

From what I've seen he's a jack of all traits kind of defensive mid. But he looked pretty hot and cold in Monaco's CL campaign. Good ability but sort of the "headless chicken running around" type of player. I wouldn't have paid €45m for him, but I guess for PL prices this is ok.

DonAK

From what I've seen he's a jack of all traits kind of defensive mid. But he looked pretty hot and cold in Monaco's CL campaign. Good ability but sort of the "headless chicken running around" type of player. I wouldn't have paid €45m for him, but I guess for PL prices this is ok.

Worked alongside Fabinho which is why this makes sense along with Kante :lol:

Runs up and down like Khedira and at times even go on the unlikely dribbing run out of nowhere, miscontrolling the ball to the box.

Yannik

Worked alongside Fabinho which is why this makes sense along with Kante :lol:

Runs up and down like Khedira and at times even go on the unlikely dribbing run out of nowhere, miscontrolling the ball to the box.

tbf Khedira sometimes pulls off some sick accidental Messi shit. :lol:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Haven't heard anything about a failed medical so far, only that he passed and is about to sign. But yeah if he failed it wouldn't surprise me.

xXKonan

Seen some Chelsea fans tearing him apart for his performances today and in general this season.

I know some considered him one of the weaker talents Monaco had from last season but going by what I've seen and the comments about his performances it reminds me of the criticism Gomes has gotten from us, as in his passing isn't great and he doesn't have it in him to make that creative pass and stuff.

Looks like a huge downgrade from Matic without a doubt.

DonAK

I saw their fanbase hailing him not so long ago after his performance vs Man Utd.

He had a shocker tonight though. Had a pre-assist to Salah for his goal :lol:

He's always been clumsy on the ball, although capable of going on an inexplicable crazy dribbling run from time to time too. He's the player you have to let run all over the field to win the ball back and be as physical as possible. I don't know why he's so advanced up the field for Chelsea that often.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
He's really hot and cold, that's the problem. I don't think he's as bad as some have said, they tend to spray him really hard when he plays bad but don't say much when he plays well, like his game against United. His potential to work in this system is better than Matic, but he doesn't have the consistency yet. Matic wasn't nearly as effective as he can be last season, but the one thing he had was consistency, he was solid and was easy to work with but his suitability for Conte's system isn't great. I don't necessarily disagree with his sale but to United was silly.

I think Baka will come good.

Home of Barca Fans