Tello staying with Barca

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
FC Barcelona wing-forward Cristian Tello clams his long-term future remains at the Camp Nou, despite rumours linking him with a move away this summer.

christiantelloscores_275x155.jpg

Tello, 20, enjoyed a fine debut season for Barcelona, scoring seven times in 22 appearances and earning himself a place in Spain's Olympic squad for this summer's tournament.

The young forward had been linked with a £7 million move to Liverpool earlier in the summer, but has categorically stated that he intends to stay with the Blaugrana this summer.

"I still have a deal with Barca and I intend to spend many more years at this club," Tello said.

"I am convinced that this is the right place for me and that I wouldn't be happy at another club."

(Espn)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Was happy to read that but shouldn't come as a surprise either, he fought the odds and and came back to the club after being deemed surplus - he wants to thrive here...That's the sort of player you always want in your squad

impeh

Hi, its me..
tis good news, but hopefully either him or cuenca will go out on loan, with Afellay and Villa back, they wont get as much playing time.

PacoBJuarez

tis good news, but hopefully either him or cuenca will go out on loan, with Afellay and Villa back, they wont get as much playing time.

This. It's really going to put the squeeze on playing time at those spots, not really sure who's going to get edged out but it would be ideal for one of them to go on loan.

SPINhead

Tello is an ideal substitute. He has a tremendious speed that can be utilized to finish of defenders in the last half hour or so. Maybe he isnt so versatile but he is very dynamic with a good vision and a good pasing game as well. His skills are already far evolved. He just needs playing time and to be used in the right way. We should definitely keep him.

Cuenca, on the other hand, seems to lack physic and needs to evole his game. I can't see him bringing anything we havent already got in a much higher level.

Maria

I think you got them mixed up..the one with good vision and good passing is Cuenca. Tello is just a poor man's Walcott.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I think you got them mixed up..the one with good vision and good passing is Cuenca. Tello is just a poor man's Walcott.

The only thing Tello seems to have over Cuenca is speed and finishing from what we've seen so far

Home of Barca Fans