The new TV deal for FC Barcelona

hamidyk

The Board has agreed the cessation of their audiovisual rights to Telefónica de Contenidos, S.A. for next season .
comunicat.v1330099283.v1414763684.jpg

The FC Barcelona Board of Directors, in a meeting on Monday at the Club’s offices, have agreed the cessation of their audiovisual rights to Telefónica de Contenidos, S.A. for the season 2015/16.

FC Barcelona with this agreement is backing a leading global company in their sector and with a clear agenda of innovation. Telefónica, for their part, include this agreement in their global television and content strategy.

This agreement, that is strategic for our organisation, is the result of a long period of contact and negotiations with operators from all over the world.

FC Barcelona would like to thank the company Mediapro for their support and their collaboration over the years that they have been linked to our organisation in the area of television rights.

Furthermore, in the meeting on Monday, an agreement has been reached to cede the exploitation of the Club’s television channel Barça TV to Telefónica de Contenidos S.A, with a firm commitment to maintain the current format of the channel and to promote those contents that make it unique.

Other agreements

The Board of Directors have also decided to seal various commercial agreements. The first of which is the extension of the contract with the company Aftershare for the production of contents for the Barça Fans platform. In the area of schools and campuses the Club has approved the opening of two new schools, in Tokyo and Copenhagen, and a series of campuses this summer in the Russian city of Sochi.

The Board of Directors has also decided to incorporate the logo of the FC Barcelona Foundation into the shirts of the FC Barcelona first teams of the professional sections until the end of this season. Also, it has been announced that they basketball first team will wear the logo of ‘Scholas Occurrentes’ during the games of this season’s Copa del Rey which begins this Thursday in Gran Canaria. Scholas Occurrentes is an interreligious global network of more than 400,000 educational centres set up by Pope Francis with the intention of integrating educational communities around the world, with particular reference to those who are most in need.

In the meeting on Monday the signing of an agreement with Telefónica for the next three seasons as a regional partner in Latin America, including Mexico. Telefónica will activate sponsorship agreements in the area with their brands Movista and Vivo.

This agreement with Telefónica is in line with a long history of collaborations that began back in 2003 and will allow Barça fans to get closer to the Club in an area that is more and more strategic for the global development of our organisation. This agreement with Telefonica comes at a time when the company has great commercial links with Latin America that connect perfectly with the sporting potential of our club. A potential that can count on the best players in the world, much admired South American stars such as Messi, Neymar, Suárez, Bravo, Mascherano and Alves amongst others.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds good although Leicster, or whatever feck they call last team in epl, are making almost that same figure from tv rights.

JamDav1982

From what I have read the deal is 140m euros for the tv rights 15/16 and 40m a season for the next three seasons for other partnerships.

Not bad and that 40m a season could come in handy in making up some short fall of any drop in tv revenue from collective deal.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I assume this covers the Spanish market only?

As a reference, our revenue from the broadcasting portion in 2014 was 182.1m euros, while Real Madrid's was 204.2m euros.

JamDav1982

I assume this covers the Spanish market only?

As a reference, our revenue from the broadcasting portion in 2014 was 182.1m euros, while Real Madrid's was 204.2m euros.

As far as I know the deal is for all of Barcas tv rights.

The difference in Barca and Madrid last year was probably the CL?

Kerrybai

As far as I know the deal is for all of Barcas tv rights.

The difference in Barca and Madrid last year was probably the CL?

The difference in tv money was about 22 million while Madrid got 4.9 for CL semi and 10.5 for the final. So you are largely right, although there is another 7 million or so to be accounted for.

JamDav1982

The difference in tv money was about 22 million while Madrid got 4.9 for CL semi and 10.5 for the final. So you are largely right, although there is another 7 million or so to be accounted for.

I think that is the fixed amounts you get for each stage.

There are other payments made from share of tv audience etc as not all teams from different countries get the same amount.

Kerrybai

I think that is the fixed amounts you get for each stage.

There are other payments made from share of tv audience etc as not all teams from different countries get the same amount.

Bayern%2BMunich%2BEurope%2B2014.jpg

Would that be the tv pool mentioned in this image? If so then we made an extra 1 million over Madrid. But they got an extra 1 million from the group stage as they had better results.

Home of Barca Fans