Shinji Kagawa

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
1664247632-olympics-beijing-olympic-games-2008.jpg

So I just saw on Sky that "the best emerging talent from the Far East" is going to undergo trials with us and madrid. He's 20 years old, got a few caps for Japan and looked great in the Olympics. I hope he turns out to be good, dunno why but I love the idea of having a japanese player in Barca.

From the article: "The Spanish league is my favourite. The attacking mentality suits my style,"
"My dream is to play in the Champions League one day, so this is a great opportunity."

Regarded as the country's top young talent, Kagawa is backed by Cerezo club president Nobuyoshi Fujita to make it big in Europe.

"We will definitely consider any offers that we believe will benefit him," he said.
"It is a dream of his to play overseas. He has our full support."

Last edited:

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩

So I just saw on Sky that "the best emerging talent from the Far East" is going to undergo trials with us and madrid. He's 20 years old, got a few caps for Japan and looked great in the Olympics. I hope he turns out to be good, dunno why but I love the idea of having a japanese player in Barca.

Gotta agree with you there, love the Japanese people. Not to mention the more extreme of them have a tendency to become totally immersed in particular things to the point of obsession (usually computer games, should see some of the Dance Dance Revolution players hehe). If he has the same kind of desire and commitment for football as his more extreme countrymen have for other areas of life then i'd expect him to be pretty talented.

Iniesta

From the article: "The Spanish league is my favourite. The attacking mentality suits my style,"
"My dream is to play in the Champions League one day, so this is a great opportunity."

Regarded as the country's top young talent, Kagawa is backed by Cerezo club president Nobuyoshi Fujita to make it big in Europe.

"We will definitely consider any offers that we believe will benefit him," he said.
"It is a dream of his to play overseas. He has our full support."

I am not, hope he signs for madrid. All asian players are diving little cheats.

Just because he is trialing with us means nothing, plus im pretty sure we have better midfielders coming up though the youth system than him.

Last edited:

Venezuelan Cule

Just because he is trialing with us means nothing, plus im pretty sure we have better midfielders coming up though the youth system than him.

Marketing wise this will be a great move trust me we do not want to lose the Asian market to Man U and Madrid. The other big market U.S. is already 75% EPL 25% Barcelona.

I don't want Barcelona to prostitute their name like Manchester United but I also don't want my team to get outbid by them summer after summer either.

Iniesta

Marketing wise this will be a great move trust me we do not want to lose the Asian market to Man U and Madrid. The other big market U.S. is already 75% EPL 25% Barcelona.

I don't want Barcelona to prostitute their name like Manchester United but I also don't want my team to get outbid by them summer after summer either.

Barca are already huge in asia and the market place over there is already lost to Man U and if we were so worried about marketing, we would have a sponsor on our shirt and not pay UNICEF a small % of our yearly profit. When was the last time barca was out bid for a player?

Venezuelan Cule

Barca are already huge in asia and the market place over there is already lost to Man U and if we were so worried about marketing, we would have a sponsor on our shirt and not pay UNICEF a small % of our yearly profit. When was the last time barca was out bid for a player?

Im all for shirt logo thing.

Madrid and MAn U have always been more marketable than Barcelona. I don't think the market in Asia will ever be lost because I don't think they are really loyal. If Crynaldo goes to Madrid I can see Man U losing their strong grip on Asia. We may not be getting outbid for players now but their net worth keeps growing and growing every year. We are now sitting on a gold mine we have the best team in the world, the most attractive team to watch in the world, the best player in the world. All we have to do is attach Messi to Barcelona. A few years ago we had Ronaldinho but people that weren't really into football would think that he only played for Brazil.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone

Ji-Sung Park (Park Ji-Sung?) is brilliant, man. That was far too big a generalisation. I've never seen an Asian player have a dirty game since Hiddink's Korea side, but they were filthy scum to be fair.

Last edited:

beef-supreme

He'll probably end up like Dong did for Man Utd.

It might be a bit different - Dong is Chinese and Chinese players aren't big yet on the international scene, I mean Sun Jihai is currently the biggest name. But this fellow's Japanese, and there are and have been some big Japanese (and Korean) players.

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
Lovin all the genralisations. Not really seen anything of him but if he's regarded as Japan's top young talent then he should be decent at worst. Lets see what he can do before wrighting him off.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
He'll probably end up like Dong did for Man Utd.

to be fair to dong he had to spend 3 years in some belgian backwater shithole getting an EU passport, and by the time he came out he'd lost all that edge and sharpness he had as a hot prospect teen.

for "the biggest club in the world" united don't half have a fucking awful farm club. lol.

Home of Barca Fans