World's best midfielder

Who is the world's best midfielder(after X&I)

• Total voters

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Outside of Barcelona obviously, we all know we all think Xavi is best and Iniesta is 2nd. So we'll start from there, think it's nice to see how people think.

If multiple people think that a player is missing, may admins please add that player so that we have a fair contest. (most likely will be Kaka but I changed him to Pirlo, to be fair with Milan :) )

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If fat lamps and Gerrard make it to the list then Modric should sure be given a chance IMO

BTW, its Schweinsteiger for me too, followed by Modric, Cesc and Ozil in the order. Of course these guys can only dream of lacing Pirlo's boots when in his prime, but he's past it

jamrock

Ok, It can't Be Ozil for obvious reasons

Can't be Alonso needs to much time to pick out a pass, though when he does they are excellent
Can't be Cambiasso and a midfielder needs to do more that him, he is after all mainly a DM
Midget one good season isn't enough, can't control the pace and tempo of a game well enough
The two english men know nothing about being midfielders, that much is clear to everyone, bar the english media.

so its between Schweinsteiger,Pirlo,Cesc and Essien

Schweinsteiger has had a absolutely great season and a half in midfield since Van gaal switched him there and is pretty good at finding the extra second/two on the ball the way xavi and iniesta almost always does.

Pirlo has been excellent for a couple of seasons now and is the closest thing to xavi playing today

Essien is a absolute beast, but doesn't do the job when Ghana and chelsea really really need him, but the best all round midfield in the game, Perhaps.

Cesc doesn't do the job that i think a midfielder should do very well to be honest, so i can't pick him, but he is a pretty fantastic player

can't choose between Pirlo and Schweinsteiger

Richard.H

Drenthe...

Honestly though, it's probably Sneijder for me. He was amazing with Inter last year.

Last edited:

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
It was a tough call between Schweini and Sneijder, but I chose Sneijder due to the simple fact that he was quite of an instrumental factor in Inter's success last season. He really brought some life up Inter's midfield, which imho. played a huge role in their success.

He didn't have a stellar WC, but he still had a decent one.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I chose Essien cause he's always been a central midfielder, Schweinsteiger has been one for only 1-1.5 years as far as I know so I can't really say he's the best. Keep up his form for another year and I'll gladly say it.

Trequartista

The good
I dont know what is Cambiasso doing there with with some central midfielders,other attacking ones,but anyway its between Alonso,Pirlo,Schweinsteiger,those are the best to control a midfield outside Barca's duo,Sneijder is the best attacking midfielder from those and closely followed by Cesc

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Bastien has improved a lot and has been dominent force in midfield, fantastic player. However Cambiasso is the experience, is the calm, is the cool, is the collector, is the distributor. He enabled Sniejder to do what he does best, and he relieved the pressure off the defense. A true commander on the pitch that leads by example. A few crucial goals to his name do not hurt either.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
I didn't pick the players due to their FIFA positions, I looked more @ the roles that they have and Esteban's role fits perfectly into a central midfielder. The distributor etc.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I would say Pirlo if he was moved further forward, he plays way to deep and is sometimes a liability, I'd say either Essien or Schweinsteiger atm

Trequartista

The good
I didn't pick the players due to their FIFA positions, I looked more @ the roles that they have and Esteban's role fits perfectly into a central midfielder. The distributor etc.

Valid point but its still very hard to compare between a player like Cesc who operates more on the final third,yes he always drops back and helps the midfield a lot but he is always playing further forward on the pitch to a player like Camb who plays in a much more deeper role

Home of Barca Fans