Paolo Maldini

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
I just got a text from a friend saying he'd seen on channel 4 (the "big" channel/BBC broadcasting channel in the UK) That Pep has extended an offer to Paolo Maldini to help out the coaching staff for next season. Now I had a look, and the news is confirmed on Goal which the majority of you don't trust at all, but i'll quote what they say. It coincides with what my mate saw.

If anyone could back this up or has similar news, please post so we can know if it's credible or not as it could be a very, very good thing for us.

Beast

The Observer
As far as i heard (Pep ) he said if he want to PLAY for another year he is more then welcomed in Barcelona to join the team
that's what Pep has said to the Italian television he didn't say anything about coaching

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don´t know about your source mate but there´s nothing in Catalan press. And it´s not like they post only confirmed stuff. If nothing appears soon we should lock-delete the thread. Maldini coaching is a nice thing to discuss, but not in the news section.

Beast

The Observer
FALSE ... idiots in the british press.. i listened to Pep talk regarding Maldini and his offer was CLEARLY playing not coaching and it was a compliment
read what Necro posted .. that's exactly what Pep said no more

maz

I walk the line
Surely if he ever became a coach or was on the coaching staff it would be at milan? Its not as if we could play him here for a season and then he'ld decide to work on the staff. In which case i wouldnt want him. However i would put up with him for a season if it did mean he would work with pep, tito and sylvi! What a coaching staff that would be.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Maldini CLEARLY stated before that he has no plans to coach or manage and will turn to his business involvements from now on.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
That's disappointing. Gio what you said makes sense, in that it was a compliment cause there's no way he meant in the playing squad. Seems i've wasted everyone's time because of a shoddy text.

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
He retired today :sad:

One of my all time favourite footballers, loyal to a fault heard he even took a number of wage cuts willingly when Milan were struggling, he loved his club.
A model professional, never in the news for bad reasons and always had king words to say for others. Many a player and indeed a person could learn from Maldini's professionalism. Possibly one of the greatest defenders of all time without resorting to the typical leg-breaking tackles or petulance numerous defenders have come to be known for.

I will miss him but he has written his name in history for his achievments, he'l never be forgotten by Milan fans or indeed all football supporters.

Forza Maldini!

nebeer

Love is All
My honors to Maldini. He has been exemplary in raising the fitness level for players in the modern times. An absolute legend of the game. His defending is good to watch.

Home of Barca Fans