Zubizarreta sacked!

amircule

The Club thank Zubizarreta for his contribution, dedication and professionalism over the last four years
The FC Barcelona President Josep Maria Bartomeu has decided to terminate as of today the contract of the Club’s Director of Football, Andoni Zubizarreta.

The President, in the name of the Club, thanks Andoni Zubizarreta for his contribution, dedication and professionalism over the last four years in his role at the head of the Club’s football area.

FC Barcelona goalkeeper between 1986 and 1994, the man from Vitoria in the Basque Country returned to the Club in July 2010 to take up the role of Director of Football.
http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football...of-andoni-zubizarreta-as-director-of-football

F

Flavia

Scapegoat. He had to be sacked way back. This means nothing now. Hoepfully the socis won't be fooled by this move. Zubi ruined our last transfer window for 2 years, because Barto let him. As long as he is still there, nothing changes. Bartomeu also has to go.

L

linetty

Well this doesn't change anything. We still have the transfer ban and the whole board is at blame. Elections at the end of the season are a must and the possibility of them taking place arises day by day.

Bertus

Scapegoat. He had to be sacked way back. This means nothing now. Hoepfully the socis won't be fooled by this move. Zubi ruined our last transfer window for 2 years, because Barto let him. As long as he is still there, nothing changes. Bartomeu also has to go.
+1

As I said in the zubi thread, they are trying to use him as a scapegoat.

I know people hate Zubi, but seeing Barto firing him as if everything that happened was Zubi's fault is a joke.

Be a man and resign now, Barto.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
@bertus

Hasn't Barto said he won't resign. It will take elections to get rid of a man who wasn't elected In the first place

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
dbawvk.gif

Bertus

@bertus

Hasn't Barto said he won't resign. It will take elections to get rid of a man who wasn't elected In the first place
I don't care what he said.

As much as I dislike Zubi, I hate when somebody put the blame on someone else and in this case seeing that prick firing Zubi while he and rosell are the MAIN culprits lets me bitter.

Zubi didn't start doing bad deals only now, and Zubi is not the sol responsible. I would make a bet a lot of transfer choices were mainly decided by Barto and Rosell.

Now Barto is playing the upholder of the law. What a fucking joke.

Professor Chaos

Bartomeu is trying to save his sinking ship. This decision has no influence on anything. We're banned from transfers until January 2016.

Bertus

Bartomeu is trying to save his sinking ship. This decision has no influence on anything. We're banned from transfers until January 2016.
Exactly. If they really wanted to fire Zubi to improve the club situation, they would have done it last summer before the mercato.

They kept him to use him later as a scapegoat. And they just did right now.

F

Flavia

Bartomeu will have a press conference before the meeting, on wednesday. probably just to announce the new sport director. I doubt he'll call elections or resign. He'll only leave in 2016, sadly.

Antimadridista1

Just to know that this piece of shit won't represent anymore our club is a source of happiness !
But he should've been sacked a few years ago, because now he can't make anymore damage to the club.

I expect Puyi to be the new sports director.

Home of Barca Fans