Could Guardiola have motivated Ronaldinho?

J

Jordzibob

What do we think?

Personally I think he could. I miss Ronaldinho quite terribly =[, and would like to have him back at the club however **** he is, he belongs at Barca, and I do think Guardiola would have maybe been able to change things with him. Riijkard was so lax (though I do think too much is made of that, he wasnt THAT bad at disciplining players) in comparism to Guardiola that Dinho got away with alot.....Guardiola has done so much for the club, do we think he could have helped Ronnie?

Another question, or two, would you like to have him back? And if you had to choose, Ronaldinho in 2005 or Messi now...who would you pick?

=[ Bring back Dinho

(Prefferably dont divert this into the players section under Ronaldinho10, nobody will bother to answer with it mixed in with the other posts.....)

Galning

I miss him too, but I don't think Pep would be able to motivate him. Ronaldinho has changed a lot.
Sometimes he still has some flashes of his absolute brilliance like in his old Barça days, but it's just over for him. Too much partying and not focusing on football is/was the problem, I think.

I would like him back.. but he would just suck.. especially if he's going to play with Messi,Xavi,Iniesta.. I even think it would be embarrassing for him. So it's for the better we're not getting him back. He was a brilliant player and he will forever be in my Culé-heart. But he's part of the past now.
I would definitely pick him over Messi nowadays (of course Messi is the best in the world.),but Ronnie was just outta this world. He was playing with so much joy and skill. It was unbelievable.

C

Confz

I think he could've tbh, but it's too late already obviously. And I won't want him back.

PaulFCB

Banned
First question no.
Second question Messi 2008/09.

First of all, you need to believe quite strongly in love and romance if you think Ronaldinho would come back successfully. Even if he would regain some of he's form from the years 2004 and 2005 this thing cannot be profitable for us, who ever thought in 2005/06 that Barcelona would not only win titles but totally overtake the performance from 05/06? I'll tell ya. Even if most of us said that the club would have survived in those years without Ronaldinho, 90% of the Cules knew in them inside that without Ronnie we probably wouldn't have achieved 50% from those 2 seasons.
Ronaldinho has lived his glory days that are long gone IMO, the transition from a Super(nova)star to a white dwarf in the galaxy was quite spontaneous and plus, he's the kind of player that once reaching a age all his qualities disappear, it just happened a bit too early.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Who gives a shit? In case you hadn't noticed Barça just won three trophies playing the best football on the planet.

J

Jordzibob

Yes yes, of course, and we're happy with that obviously, but it has a strange feel without Ronaldinho =[

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
Pep is the one who kick him out. He felt he doesn't need him and he was sure that ronnie didn't have motivation left for barca. Pep also want to get rid off etoo, but he change his mind cause he saw the positive response from him.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
No it doesn't. Ronaldinho was part of a great team, this is a greater, different team. You need to let go and realise that Barça is far bigger than one ex-player.

J

Jordzibob

I think it depends on how he leaves. Personally I think he will be there till the end of his career, I think that unlike Maradona, Messi has all of the role models around him to completely keep him in check, Xavi, Iniesta, Guardiola, Henry, Puyol, players like that, would perhaps prevent that kindof thing happening to Messi, and you can bet that players like Puyol and Xavi, after retiring, will probably work for the club as staff, trainers, maybe even a manager, while Messi is still playing, so I think that will be good =]

If he signed for Real Madrid he would be absolutely hated....unsuprisingly

Ronnie left in sad circumstances, he didnt betray the club or anything, he just needed a new challenge, I dont feel Messi will end up like that.

Evil

Shabazz
Ofcourse Pep have motivated him, would I want to have him back ? Not really ... we just got out of the drama and we moved on to a new era so I don't see the need to go back into history again, maybe an official role in the club would do in the future, but I don't think it's good for the club to have him back as a player. Definatley one of the club legends though.

Home of Barca Fans