Christian Benteke

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Sorry couldn't see another thread for him so if there is please merge.

From what I am hearing a deal has been agreed £29m plus Lambert.

I was against this signing at first then I was 50/50 now I am more like 70/30. With better service he should get more opportunities to score than he has at Villa.

However it is the rest of his game that is a big concern to me. His pressing skills, his passing skills lack a lot to be desired really.

Really seeing as there is no CL for us he is probably the best we can get and whilst he has a good record in the league I hope he can improve in other areas of his game.

Of course the deal is yet to be finalised however I've had different sources give me the same information.

EdmondDantes

He's a good player, not worth all that much, and he can be injury prone. But given the fact Liverpool couldn't get the likes of Lacazette and Bacca, it's a safe option.

............Benteke............
..........................Firmino..
......Coutinho................
Henderson.........Milner..........
..........Can/Lucas or Illaramendi(linked)

.........back 4.....................

If Rodgers gets it right, that side could do very well. As far as pressing is concerned, Coutinho, Henderson and Firmino are hard-workers and very competent at pressing, so Benteke would have to do his fair share of it as well. There's no two ways about it.

Last edited:

Unbiased United

He's better than the shit strikers Liverpool bought when they did have CL football on offer. A good player, I'd rather Liverpool not buy him and I wouldn't mind him as a plan B for United.

If Liverpool did buy him I could see him being a 15+ goal player for them.

Xavinho

I wish people who start threads in here could at least include some basic information about the player: who he plays for, what position, what country he's from, maybe a highlights comp etc. I'm pretty sure this guy doesn't play in la liga.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I wish people who start threads in here could at least include some basic information about the player: who he plays for, what position, what country he's from, maybe a highlights comp etc. I'm pretty sure this guy doesn't play in la liga.

Wow, he was pretty hyped in the 12/13 season, don't you remember? Me guess you don't watch the EPL.

Beast

The Observer
Pretty good player moving to the wrong club...
Liverpool need a miracle worker like Suarez as long as the idiot Rodgers is in charge... i fear Ricky Lambert II or Andy Carol II ... do you see the pattern ? you keep buying those strong no 9's with aerial ability they never suits the style (or lack off ) of Liverpool under Rodgers.. pity i love Benteke

The Sterling sale doesn't look so great after all. £45m + add ons once you take away the £9.8m they owe QPR & Benteke's £32.5m fee it wasn't such a robbery the scouse media were suggesting.

Regardless of price, he is the best #9 available (meaning he is for sale and won't mind playing for Liverpool) and fair play to the scousers for buying him. They finally realized that they can't rely on Sturridge anymore. Their defense still looks problematic though.

Home of Barca Fans